- Thursday 10/8: I leave for Chicago; Upon arrival the cousins and I are going out to dinner to celebrate our birthdays!!! (We Morgan's are all Libra girls)
- Friday 10/9: EXPO!!!! B.o.B is meeting Michelle & I there and we hope to meet up with other bloggers/runners. After expo we're having a girl's night out! Yay!
- Saturday 10/10: The rest of the fam gets into town; B.o.B., Michelle and I head up to the city to the check in to our hotel and then they are off to paint the town red whilst I attempt sleep.
- Sunday 10/11: RACE DAY!!! Run, Cry, Run, Cry, Run, Cry... for 26.2 miles, fall into a blubbering mess at the finish line and then be dragged somewhere to eat glorious food of which I fully intend on consuming; steak, carrot cake and a Shock Top in no particular order.
- Monday 10/12: Walk 2 miles... become one with cousin's couch.
- Tuesday 10/13: Carpool w/ Spike back to the homeland to spend the rest of the week visiting the Michigan Fam. (If I come up missing please alert the authorities of their prime suspect)
- Wednesday 10/14: Family bonding - Attempt first post-marathon run; 1-2 miles
- Thursday 10/15: 3 miles - Continue Family Bonding - Celebrate Birthday
- Friday 10/16: Recover from Birthday; So much bonding
- Saturday 10/17: 6-8 miler body depending; Camping/Getting drunk with Fam (the best kind of bonding)
- Sunday 10/18: Back to O-town (Home Sweet Home) upon arrival go out to dinner with friends to celebrate birthday and marathon
Oh wait... ya'll meant my RACE plan.
Well to be frank... That's for me to know and you to find out. (Yes, I am still 10 years old.) But seriously, after that freak out I had awhile back it got me thinking... why am I putting unnecessary pressure on myself when this is my FIRST marathon? I mean, it's a guaranteed PR and I'm not trying to BQ... So that was when I made the executive decision that my race goal is:
Initially I had an aggressive time in mind but after reading so many marathon recaps that ended with carnage and disappointment, I have since taken a step back and decided I'll worry about my time the next go round... this one is for ME. I'll never have another first marathon and I want to make it count. I want to look back and fondly remember the experience, the finish line and conquering the 26.2.
So that's the plan man. Not the juicy details ya'll were hoping for but what can I say... I'm a tease.
Florida Fall Update: At 6am when Therese and I started our run it was 70 degrees and little to no humidity! I attempted testing out the Zensah sleeves but made it one lap before they were too hot. Oh well... bring on the cooler temps! YAY!!!
T-MINUS 10 DAYS TIL CHICAGO!!! I swear I'm so excited I might spontaneously combust!!!